Sickness and disease comes out of three basic places:
- Ignorance – people don’t know they are supposed to be well, or the enemy has deceived them into believing it’s okay to be sick.
- Affliction – the devil’s oppression
- Sin – people blatantly open the door to it
Isaiah 53:3-6 “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Read this and know what it says.)
Know main points of these verses;
- He was despised, reject, a man of sorrow, grieved
- He bore our griefs, sorrows
- Esteemed him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted
- Wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities
- Carried the chastisement of our peace
- Healed us with His stripes
- We are gone astray like sheep and turned in our own way
- The Lord has laid on the inquiry of us all.
Ignorance and unbelief can be a problem and hindrance to healing. People don’t believe the Word. You must believe in the Word in order to be healed.
There are Biblical methods of healing
- Laying on of hands
- Handkerchiefs and aprons
- Anointing with oil
What is redemption? Know what redemption means. Redemption is what Jesus has done for us. He has given us access to redemption. Jesus redeemed man. Redemption is the deliverance bringing through death. What is redeeming man? It’s the price paid for the actual deliverance of the setting at liberty.
Read Galatians 3:13-14 “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” (Know this verse)
Know main points:
- Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law
- He was made a curse for us
- Cursed is one hung on a tree
- The blessing of Abraham came to Gentiles through Jesus
- So we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith
The spirit of infirmity brings sickness and disease. Jesus always dealt with the spirit of infirmity; He didn’t deal with the person.
What you worship, you serve. We have and must take authority of the devil.
Adam and eve lost the authority when they worshiped or believed in what the devil said to them over what God said to them. When satan tempted Jesus, he tried to convince Jesus to worship him. Authority is what the enemy wants to get. All the devil has is words. If you don’t buy his words, you don’t have to eat the fruit.
1 John 3:8 “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” (Know what it say and what it is about)
- If you commit sin you of the devil
- The devil sins from the beginning
- The Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil
Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
(Know this one)
- By grace saved through faith, not of ourselves
- Salvation is the gift of God
The curse of the law was poverty, sickness, and spiritual death.
Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
(Know this one)
- The word of God is quick, powerful, sharper than two-edged sword
- Piercing and dividing the soul and spirit
- A discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart
Bostworth said the every sickness start from a germ.
There is a germ or life-force behind every sickness or disease. (The analogy of uprooting a tree and setting it on the side of the road was used. The tree may seem to be alive even after several days, but it has been rooted up and is dead. The tree is cursed at the root.)
We have got to deal with the life-force to get the change or the cure to destroy the root of it. When you curse disease and sickness they have got to die. Many times there may not be an immediate appearance of healing, but it has been rooted up and cursed. So it is dead; it is gone; you are healed.
Keep the switch of faith turned on.
The recovery process:
- A time of impartation
2 Timothy 1:6-7 “Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
Know what it is:
- Remember to stir up the gift of God
- In you by putting on of my hands
- God has not given the spirit of fear
- He has given power, love and a sound mind
The Greek word for “gift” means an endowment, a gratuity.
You can affect the power of God flowing through you. It can be determined by how you think about yourself. You’ve got to know that you can do this. You have to know for yourself that God can use you.
Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” (You meditate on it before you do it. Meditation is a good process.)
Jesus said that we will do greater works. What is the power that will have us to do greater works? It is the Holy Spirit. What is the manifestation of the Holy Spirit; He’s actions and demonstration of His power? It is the anointing of the Lord.
John 8:31-32 “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
Know what it is:
- If you continue in my word, than you are my disciples
- You know the truth, and the truth shall make you free
The truth you know is the only thing you can active to flow through your ministry. You have the truth so the Holy Ghost will breathe on it and manifest it.
Acts 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
Know what this says:
- God anointed Jesus with the Holy Ghost and power
- Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil
- God was with Jesus
Jesus operated on a realm of superhuman ability, and you can do. Superhuman is beyond human ability.
Paul’s thorn in the flesh (when he said an angel of satan came and buffeted me.) was not sickness. It was pressure because he was getting revelation. So the devil came to try to afflict him. God doesn’t send sickness to teach us anything.
Matthew 10:1-8 “And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. 2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. 5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.”
- Jesus gave disciples power of unclean spirits to cast them our
- Power to heal all team that
- Jesus commanded them to the lost sheep of Israel
- Preach that the kingdom of heaven is at hand
- Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils
- Freely you have received, freely give
- This talks about giving you power and authority.
Psalms 107:20 “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
- God sent His Word and healed them
- He delivered them from destructions
Read the book. It will be the last question on the test and be worth 5 points. (the theme of the chapters assigned to read?)
There will be a total of 38 questions on the test.
You have to get some Word and put some faith in you for healing. If you stay on it, your gift will become stronger. Whatever you put yourself around, you will become. You have to feed your faith in the gifts and works of God.
You have to get around what sparks your gift. Get around people who are doing the gifts of healing. Study the miracles that Jesus did in the Bible.
The burden of proof is not on you, it’s on Jesus. You’re just doing what He told you to do. So who has to prove it? Don’t take any of the glory, nor take any of the shame.